About squeak image compatibility (3.6/7/8)

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:35:21 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene
> So, why my reiterated mails and ideas about this are
> ignorated ?

They're not ignored. But the 3.9a project was a bit overwhelmed with
getting an MC-based process off the ground, and after that with
integrating some huge patches around the UI and Traits.

And after that, it was time for a well-deserved holiday break, I think :-)

With that behind us, it is time to hunt for the next juicy bits, and
shrinking the 3.9a image should be on that list. However, the unloaded
packages *must* be adopted by someone who will keep them in sync with
3.9a development so we can build up a Full image when wanted, and as
long as that isn't in place it would be unwise to just drop these
packages...