Squeak and bluetooth

Davide Varvello d.varvello at quinary.com
Sun Jan 8 20:02:58 UTC 2006

Hi All,
 I'd like to interface Squeak, running on my mac, with a bluetooth device, but I'm a bit confused on what kind of approach to choose.
First: FFI or plugins? I read FFI is quite slow compared to plugins, but if I have to call an os library and the rate of calls are not very frequent, probably FFI is a better choice (correct me if I'm wrong)
Second: Carbon or Cocoa? As I read from the list and the swiki, there is a bridge, from Avi, to connect to Cocoa, but I didn't understand if I can use it from FFI.
Finally: I tried the examples of FFI in a 3.8 image for MacOSX (ex. MacPixPatPtr, MacRect, ...), but the code use an obsolete module, InterfaceLib, instead of Carbon.framework (see http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5585), I changed the first with the second and I had no errors, but nothing displayed.
 Suggestions?
TIA
 Davide