tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 10 23:54:10 UTC 2006

On 10-Jan-06, at 3:48 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Well, what Timothy may be asking about is the delay when SqueakMap
> refreshes the map of available packages.  IIRC, this is done by
> the whole VM.
Fair point and one I didn't think of. The image segment loading
primitive is very fast though and is only a small part of the job of
process of loading source packages and compiling them. Should have
remembered binary loading.

tim
The next generation of computers will have a "Warranty Expired"
interrupt.