What to do with the PlusTools

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jan 14 13:02:25 UTC 2006

On 14.01.2006, at 13:42, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> On 14 janv. 06, at 12:23, Cees De Groot wrote:
>
>> Of course, a big question is - how much are the plustools missing?
>>
>> I really don't like the idea of removing them again - that will just
>> postpone the issue, because when 4.0 comes, no-one will have
>> worked on
>> PlusTools (wanna bet?). So we need to force ourselves to work on it,
>> and the only way I can think of is by dropping the old stuff.
>
> Hi cees
>
> this is also my fear.
>
>> Step 1 would probably be making RB subclass of PlusTools...
>
> Yeap! Who is in charge of RB? marcus?

What does "make RB a subclass of PlusTools" mean exactly?
the browser part of the RB is a subclass of the systembrowser,
but that's very ugly anyway.

The idea of RB is to not have any browser, so I don't want to
put any effort into the browser part of RB *at all*.
(I am waiting for services...)

The other tools (SLint, dialogs...) yes... they should be converted
to not
depend on morphic. But I don't think that I can make that my personal
priority.

     marcus