Who's Where swiki page polluted

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat Jan 14 20:04:06 UTC 2006

tim Rowledge wrote:

> It gets worse. A page relating to VM stuff that I edited at 1:15pm
> was messed up at 1:20pm by 205.252.23.4 Anyone that knows how to
> track down the machine and contact the probably innocently afflicted
> owner might like to spend a moment looking at random pages on the
> swiki to see if there is a pattern that might be interesting

The pattern is pretty simple. Those machines are zombies, and their real
owners most likely don't know and don't understand what their machines
are doing (after all, they're windows users :-)
Spam content is always a big list of hrefs to porn sites.
I'm currently working on getting an automatic restoration mechanism going.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin