[Q] Removing changes file content.

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:24:20 UTC 2006

> I might have done something wrong, but after condenseChanges and
> condenseSources the size of sources file increased as much as changes
> file. Yes, the changes file is 4k now but total size is not decreased.

#condenseChanges just removes the version history from the
changes-file, so if you have accepted the same method twice it just
keeps the last version. This should decrease the size of your
changes-file.

#condenseSources is something completely different. I guess there is
no reason that someone wants to do this on its own, unless they are
releasing Squeak 4.0, that (probably) will be shipped with a new
source-file. This will not change the total size of the changes- plus
the sources-file, as the changes will be moved to the source.

I am not sure, if everything I wrote here is correct, this is just
what I think these methods do. I need to do a #condenseChanges from
time to time to reduce the size of the changes-file, because it
reaches its limits; but I've never done a #condenseSources.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch