Good, thorough Smalltalk reference

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Jan 16 10:46:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 02:22:15 -0800, Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de>
wrote:

> However, for such a book you need a great author, particularly for the
> Good Style part, which should not be a separate part but mention it in
> passing. I'm a bit sceptic the community could create such a thing, I
> rather think some individual would have to take this on. There have been
> people on this list with a great writing style, but it's a major
> undertaking none-the-less.

I tried to sell a publisher on a book like this (for VAST) back in the
mid-'90s. Even though I never could sell it, I'd still love to do it.

It is a huge undertaking, of course, and I haven't had the time/money to
do it "for fun". When thinking about how it would break down, I've come up
against Squeak's volatility. So many fundamental things about Squeak are
changing right now.