Good, thorough Smalltalk reference

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Mon Jan 16 16:41:36 UTC 2006

joshscholar at nightstudies.net wrote:
> I downloaded all of the books available and bought a copy of  purple book. I
> don't think any of the books has reference documentation for each class, let
> alone for each method or global.  I'll look into getting a copy of the
> standard.

Just google for "ANSI Smalltalk" and the first link is a pdf
of the draft standard, which IIUC is very similar to the final.

Some prefer reading docs. Some prefer exploring the live system.
Both are needed at different times. How you approach a new
environment is just a personal preference.

--
Yanni Chiu