Plustool?

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:02:47 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Marcus Pedersén <marcus.pedersen at comhem.se> wrote:
> As I understand it is supposed to be the "next step" for morph, am I
> right?

Nope. PlusTools is a set of tools (browser, debugger, workspace, ...)
that Andreas Raab whipped up as a proof of concept - proving the
validity and possibly the completeness of ToolBuilder.

ToolBuilder is a UI-independent user interface specification toolkit.
It has implementations in MVC, Morphic, Seaside and I think wxSqueak
and Tweak. The idea is that a developer has the exact same set of
tools independent of what UI is active in Squeak.

PlusTools, when adopted, will make sure that every extension to the
tools is available to developers under any UI. Which will be quite a
step in the process of cleaning Morphic, making Squeak less dependent
on any single UI (currently, if you dump Morphic, you dump a *lot* of
functionality), and hopefully making it easier to explore alternative
user interfaces.