Code coverage

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Jan 17 17:57:08 UTC 2006

 > > Oh, just to have a convenient way for the VM to mark a method
 > > [dictionary] when running it, and to check later whether a method
 > > [in it] has been run. The original motivation was for detecting
 > > [entire sets of] methods which hadn't been run, so they could be
 > > discarded.

	(Methods also get marked by the Spoon VM, but the mark is a bit in the
method trailer, not the object header.)

 > Sounds like a risky idea :-)

	Nah, it's been working fine for three years now. The fact that it
worked for the first three minutes was enough to convince me. :)

 > Have you abandoned it for something better?

	No, I think it's a good idea. I wanted something that's invisible to
normal object manipulation, and extremely fast.

 > Was it before you invented the module system you're using?

	No, I thought of it at roughly the same time, and they're independent
concepts.

-C

--
Craig Latta