[Newby question] Can't the back button cause database problems?

Nigel Thorne nigel.thorne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:49:17 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,

I have a quick question about state. Seaside apps react to the back button
by restoring the previous state. So if I have the counter up, then click ++
then click back I get back to 0 and clicking ++ takes me to 1 again. I love
this!

If the 'click' the user performed caused a new record to be stored in a
database (for example), and then the user presses the back button, do you
ever get into a situation where the user is trying to create the same record
twice, or believes the changes they made is now undone...

I am sorry for the vaigueness of the question. I am currently stil trying to
get my head around how seaside integrates with persistance (so.. GOODS for
example)

Cheers
Nigel

--