The state of the Squeak community

Josh Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Wed Jan 18 19:42:47 UTC 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 1:26 PM, Martin Wirblat wrote:

> Cees De Groot wrote:
>
>> - Advise, I repeat: advise, the 3.9a team. They're entirely free to
>> completely ignore the outcome of this stuff, although if many many
>> many people vote for something and they don't do it, it'd be nice if
>> they'd give a reason;
>
> A few people play leaders and they feel free to completely ignore
> the complete community. You described exactly the sad state of
> Squeak today.

Do you have specific instances where the community has been ignored?
My feeling is that concerns raised on the list are seriously
considered.  Of course, not all of them can be addressed; the people
driving the 3.9 effort are very busy.  At least progress is being
made in some direction, even if it is not exactly the direction that
some factions within the community would like.  Overall, I have the
feeling that 3.9 is moving in a direction that reflects the will of
the community.

Josh