Removing from array

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jan 21 12:13:57 UTC 2006

On 20.01.2006, at 20:16, Valdas Bucinskas wrote:

> Hello ,
>
>   As far as I know, it is impossible directly to remove element
> from an Array.
>   However I want to remove an Obsolete class from 'Object
>   allSublasses', which is an Array. (in order to make
> 'ReleaseBuilder new
>   prepareReleaseImage' don't throw exception 'There are still obsolete
>   behaviors in your image.').

You don't need to remove that from this Array... there is, after all,
a reason
for that pointer to the obsolete class. So, there used to be a class
PackageList,
which turned out to be not too usefull. So it was removed, but the
entry in
the World Menu was not deleted. Thus a pointer to the deleted class
remained.

You can just evaluate

TheWorldMenu removeObsolete

and after that,

SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences.

should not get you any complaints anymore.

There are a number of these things to be done for the 3.9a image...
that's why it's alpha, after all. And in a perfect world, we would have
an automatic build process that would catch and force us to fix
those early on...

               Marcus