Is VM compilable with interp.c instead of gnu-interp.c ?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jan 22 00:03:20 UTC 2006

These links should help:

http://www.google.com/search?q=borland+floating+point+problem
http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=53
http://homepages.borland.com/ccalvert/TechPapers/FloatingPoint.html

Note that it is possible that you are using libraries which are
dynamically linked (via DLLs) and therefore screw up those settings only
later - this will in particular be true if you compile any external
plugins via Borland's compiler.

There is actually a hack in sqWin32Intel.c (in squeakExceptionHandler())
which attempts to "fix" any such problems and I wonder why this isn't
kicking in - if you're using a debugger make sure that it does not
handle FPU exceptions but passes them onto the application's handler (I
don't remember Borland but MSVC has settings that allow passing certain
exceptions to the application and that's what you want).

Cheers,
   - Andreas