[Tweak] Tweak in Browser Plugin

Eric Fournier emf at umn.edu
Mon Jan 23 05:00:26 UTC 2006

Right, but setting the preference to the default I want is of no help
because the version number returned by Smalltalk>>vmVersion, while
incorrect, is parse-able, and so the preference never gets answered.
I think the NPSqueak plugin version of the VM should return the VM
version it is based on, but it doesn't. With my updated version of
the plugin, I still get:

  'Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] 2.0.3'

...even though the Mac Finder info suggests the plugin is based on
3.8.8b7. '2.0.3' means something to John, I bet ;-)

-- Eric

On Jan 20, 2006, at 3:03 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Actually, the current macVirtualKeycodes method falls back on a
> preference (we had the same problem in a custom VM):
>
> macVirtualKeycodes
> 	self majorMinorBuildFrom: Smalltalk vmVersion
> 		satisfies: [:major :minor :build |
> 			| ver |
> 			ver := (minor * 100) + (major * 10000) + build.
> 			^ver >= 30807].
> 	"No parseable version number found. Preference defaults to false"
> 	^Preferences macVirtualKeycodes
>
> - Bert -
>
> Am 20.01.2006 um 05:30 schrieb Eric Fournier:
>
>> Ah, okay Bert;
>>
>> The same image returns:
>>
>>  'Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] Squeak VM
>> 3.8.8b14'
>>
>> ...when run against the standalone VM (thoughtfully included with
>> the Squeakland package). Looks like the report of the VM version
>> gets boggled in the browser plugin. I just hacked
>> CMacOSPlatform>>macVirtualKeycodes to return true since we are
>> using modern VMs here. Solved the problem.
>>
>> I owe you a beer!
>>
>> --Eric

>>> After doing some installation updating:
>>>
>>>  'Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] 1.5'
>>>
>>> The Mac Finder's info on NPSqueakStubCFM is 3.5.1bC1;
>>> NPSqueak.bundle is 3.8.8b7.
>>>
>>> --Eric

Eric Fournier
Java and Web Services
University of Minnesota Office of Information Technology
190 Shepherd Labs

emf at umn.edu