system(Linux) reboot - Squeak won't work

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Mon Jan 23 20:45:59 UTC 2006

myggel at gmx.de wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm new to Squeak and I've got a problem.
>After installing Squeak it works well.
>But after rebooting my system Squeak doesn't work any more.
>The shell just prints some strange lines e.g.:
>-2143123388 dnaHproM>dnessuoMevEe:t

Looks like some heavy byte-swapping.
Since this is a very unusual error, there most likely is something wrong
with your configuration. Without knowing what your configuration is,
nobody can tell you what's wrong with it.
What kind of processor and Linux version do you have? What Squeak
version (VM) do you use? What are you doing to your image file? Are you
saving the image? Is it stored on some unusual file system?

Cheers,
Hans-Martin