Question about RefactoringBrowser

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Jan 24 17:24:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

I 've built an application with a class that's grown way too fat and I
now want to reuse it. I made a superclass and make the old class its subclass.

After that I thought I'd use RefactoringBrowser to move up the
instvars and methods I like into the more general case.

So I select the instvar, use RB selection pullUp and get the debugger
like in the attached error....gif, saying the instvar is multiply
defined.

What to make out of this? Actually the instvar is only defined in that
class (see references.gif). Maybe because I access the instvar
directly to set it and via an accessor to retrieve it?

Any hint appreciated.

Thanks,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net