Do you think that squeak is long overdue for a Refactoring only pass.

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 20:51:51 UTC 2006

st,Ai(Bphane ducasse writes:
 > > Yup. Personally, I think:
 > > - Start refactoring Collections and Morphic using Traits - I think
 > > these two packages have a lot of code duplication all over the place
 > > that could be neatly cleaned up in that way;
 >
 > I would not so that people do not feel prisoner of traits.
 > Our goal is not to impose traits.

I agree that we should be cautious about introducing traits into
the base image however we should also have a few good examples
of traits use in the image for the rest of us to learn from.

The image has always been an important source of documentation
and examples in the Smalltalk world. We do need some widely
shared traits examples.

Bryce