[Bug??] Question about RefactoringBrowser

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jan 25 09:41:07 UTC 2006

Hello,

HK> So I select the instvar, use RB selection pullUp and get the debugger
HK> like in the attached error....gif, saying the instvar is multiply
HK> defined.

after digging in deeper, the problem is that
ClassBuilder>>validateInstvars:from:forSuper: receives the instvar I
want to move up twice in the instvarArray.

Looking down the callstack this array is created from a string which is
built using Class>>addInstVarName: which seems to be sent one time too
often.

The sender of that message is beyond my current knowledge of
smalltalk but this seems to be a bug.

I'm reluctant to enter it into Mantis as it might as well just be that
I don't know enough.

I've created two classes, if you file them in and try to move
ivarIwantToMoveUp into the superclass via RB you get the error.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net