About some changes in 3.8

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 09:53:05 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> following our discussions about changes, I loaded tweak updated it  and
> browse the references to CSqueak3Point8Detected
> I put the code here so that people can follow.
>
> Do you have fixes? Again if you would have point that to the 3.8 team
> (not me you know) may be they would have fixed that.

Really, it's not worth breaking an existing release to undo a particular
change for which a functioning workaround exists. That code is ugly like
hell but as with other workarounds its only requirement is to do the
job. And since I'm planning on bootstrapping an alternative meta class
hierarchy anyway this will be a non-issue before too long.

Cheers,
   - Andreas