Squeak, gumstix, robots, and SmartRefStreams

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:45:20 UTC 2006

Hi Jon,

> Note, the only difference is the Start location is 0.0 @ 0.0, instead of
> 50.0 @ 30.0.
>
> Any ideas?

Hmmm. I'll have to take a look at the floating point support.

The ARM processor uses a weird layout for doubles (8 byte floats). The
4 byte words are in little endian format, but the pair of 4 byte words
is in big endian order (at least I think I got it right).

Does Squeak do interpretation of the floating point itself? I guess
the VM might be doing some kind of compensation.

The new gumstix builds also use a soft-float library (so no context
switches into the kernel) whereas I think that the VM you're using
does kernel emulated floating point.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada