Some more newb questions

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Fri Jan 27 00:01:17 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Rich <rjseagraves at gmail.com> wrote:

> Subject: Some more newb questions

Rather than grouping questions by "newb", may I recommend that you
post each question as a separate item with a distinctive subject line.
Although that may seem at first to cause twice as many messages to be
distributed, it actually results in less list traffic in the long run.

> 1.  Is there a keyboard shortcut that goes directly to the "open..." menu?

Not that I know of, but you could create one.

> 2.  In a previous message on this list, someone informed me that when
> code is executed in the Workspace, it is compiled as the doIt method
> of UndefinedObject.  Is there any particular reason why it is executed
> in this fashion?

Yes: "It seemed to make sense at the time." :-)  How would you like it
to be done?

Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix