Survey finally published etc

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Jan 27 15:43:40 UTC 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, tim Rowledge wrote:

>> On 24-Jan-06, at 12:27 PM, karl wrote:
>
>> tim Rowledge skrev:
>>>

>>> We simply can't make any useful progress under such conditions. Forward
>>> progress causes breakage and it costs much effort to provide invisible
>>> mogration support. Spending time on that prevents forward progress - and
>>> puts people off ever bothering.
>>>
>>> tim
>>> --
>>> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>>> If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great
>>> disappointments
>> :-)
>
> It is quite remarkable how a random number generator can provide such
> appropriate commentary on an email.

Isn't this "random" number generator *designed* by someone
*intelligent?!?! Eh? Eh?!!!

> Makes you wonder how so many people
> cannot cope with the idea of randomness causing evolution.

How can we know that this isn't just a test by the timgod into *FOOLING*
us that the earth is > 6000 years old. EH!??!?!?!?

> tim
> --
> To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer.

Ah, the stupid design argument. Since
Windows/Java/YourFavoriteLameButPopularTech is SO bad, it could not have
gotten that way by accident! Ergo, an all powerful (marketing), but
stupid, deity.

Cheers,
Bijan "random like a fox" Parsia.