[ANN] SqueakLight status

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Jan 28 12:40:00 UTC 2006

Hilaire Fernandes puso en su mail :

> However I fail to run DrGeoII because it uses a Flaps based user
> interface which appear to not be present in SqueakLight.
>
> I will have to figure out a different DrGeoII user interface to get it
> work with SqueakLight (maybe proposing an alternate menu driven solution).
>
> Keep the good work!
I look for DrGeoII and find a solution.

Goal of SqueakLight.

Try to find the hard way what the real minimal Morphic .image was.
Develop a system for loading what he needs from any past or current (to
6705).

Try to have more closer to Smalltalk (that's why no Etoys,no Traits, no
Flash, etc, following Juan Vuletich idea).

Try to figure out a way, inspired in current .morph and .pr exporting what
not always work, for no matter what image originate the object (at morph
level ) always you could load into SqueakLight.

Off course, have the small size what worth, so it could run in handicapped
hardware as most Argentina (and other poor countries)  school have.

The day after a Flaps.xxx.mcz shows in any package repository know by me ,
in a few days you have it on SqueakLight.

In the waiting, think in a Parts bin as repository , that's how I change the
LogicCircus from original with flaps for run in small images without.

Keep in touch

Edgar