Squeak, source control, subversion, versioning, monticello, all that good stuff.

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 07:24:25 UTC 2006

On Jan 27, 2006, at 6:59 PM, Diego Fernandez wrote:

<snip lots of valid criticism>

> 5. I really miss the three way diff :) (we have done an special
> version that shows with colors those methods that can be merged
> without conflicts: the ancestor and the current version are the same)

This confuses me, because Monticello is almost entirely built around
being able to do a three way diff - I can't imagine a process where
multiple people were using Monticello and *not* constantly doing
three way diffs, including good conflict detection (more accurate
than is possible with ENVY, which doesn't model branches very well).
So - do you use the Merge button?  What do you miss from it?

Avi