Proposal for a Squeak migration meeting

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 23:29:47 UTC 2006

On 7/3/06, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ext.cri74.org> wrote:
> So know I still wonder is the objective of Tweak is still to replace the
> morphic layer or did the objective changed?

As far as I know, that's still the objective.

However, IIRC Andreas has stated at at least one occasion in
unequivocally clear words that Tweak is primarily for his own projects
(Croquet, Etoys(?)). In other words, he is not going to commit to
spend time to work at Tweak for the community (knowing him, he might
still do it, but we can't count on it ;-)).

Which means that for the Squeak community at large, Tweak is a
take-it-or-leave-it deal. People can send patches and/or enhancements
to Andreas, but he is likely to decide on accepting them only in the
context of his work, and not primarily to do the community a favor.

(note: I'm totally fine with Andreas' position here. It is his code
after all, he can do with it as he pleases. Just that people don't
misunderstand why I bring up this issue)