Proposal for a Squeak migration meeting

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Wed Jul 5 17:41:12 UTC 2006

Chris Muller a écrit :
>>Okay, I was not aware of that. It is sad if Tweak developers are not
>>interested to get Tweak maintstream in Squeak.
>

> Shouldn't the responsibility of putting Tweak into mainstream Squeak be
> the responsibility of the mainstream Squeak development team if that's
> what they want?

I remember at least Steph said it will be interested to help to
integrate Tweak in Squeak.
But in the other hand this can only be done in sync with the developers
of the framework, especially when it is about such an important
framework as the GUI.

>>Without commitment of the lead developpers of Tweak to get it in
>>Squeak,
>>it is useless to send such patch and enhancement.
>

> What makes you say that?  I see no correlation..

Well, you may not want to base you work on framework you are not sure it
is viable in the middle term or if you are not sure it will become
mainstream in Squeak.

Hilaire