Squeak 3.9 kernel image - the next release

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Thu Jul 6 18:42:09 UTC 2006

Hi Stef,

> I do not remember but did you remove code from the image?

Yes. I firstly load code of the new small image (mirrors) into the
standard one, then I switch original sources with new ones and I
finally make some cleanup. The resultant image then contains only
source codes of mirrors.

> Because this also means that we could use your image as a mini-image
> for 3.9 (this is cool).

If this projetct will not be one-man-show... That's the reason why I
wan to establish working SqueakSource repository.

> Did you try to reload the packages you removed?

No and I expect that it will be quite problematic. One solution is to
create and load one big project "TheRestOfSqueak". Simply do something
like reverse process of bootstrapping. See
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-May/104345.html

-- Pavel