OT - Squeak and the Broader Software Community

Daniel Poon mr.d.poon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 21:45:20 UTC 2006

+1

UI widgets are a solved problem. It is part of the operating system.
Like writing a file system is done, writing UI widgets is done too.

I know in Smalltalk, the turtles go all the way down. But perhaps they
don't need to go down quite as far as they currently do.

This is me, writing as a professional Smalltalk developer, watching
Squeak and waiting for that moment when Squeak becomes a contender and
we can (possibly) port our application to it.

Daniel Poon