can not install Chronos

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Tue Jul 11 06:42:44 UTC 2006

Phillipe: "It loads!"

C'est formidable!

Phillipe: "So do I have to copy the time-zones folder to the image directory
or should that have been done automatically?"

I'd like to make that happen automatically, but I haven't figured out a way
to do that using .sar files yet.  If anyone would like to help, let me know.

The "time-zones" folder is actually in the Chronos.sar archive file.  If
you're on Windows, just change the extension from .sar to .zip, and then
your favorite zip archive app will be able to open the archive.  Extract the
"time-zones" folder.

You can also download the Chronos Time Zone Repository (the contents of the
"time-zones" folder) directly, by itself, from the Chronos web site using
the following link: http://www.chronos-st.org/downloads/time-zones.zip .
Extract the "time-zones" folder from the "time-zones.zip" archive file.

By default, Chronos expects to find the "time-zones" folder in the same
directory as the one from which you run your Squeak image.  You can change
the default location programmatically.  Ask me, if you'd like to know how.

--Alan