OT - Squeak and the Broader Software Community

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jul 11 15:58:58 UTC 2006

On 10-Jul-06, at 10:41 PM, Todd Blanchard wrote:

> I didn't know you were a designer.

Master of Design, Royal College of Art. Three years as an IBM
Research Fellow working on the industrial design of user interfaces
for CAD systems for industrial design (a bit incestuous I know, but
what the hell). Sidetracked into Smalltalk as a tool for prototyping
UIs (because magic markers just don't cut it) and then into Smalltalk
implementation because you couldn't actually get Smalltalk systems in
'83. Even went to so far as to get involved in designing a CPU to run
ST on (the ARM) and an OS or two to support it (early RISC OS,
ActiveBookOS, muCOS etc).

One day I might even get my stack unwound enough to work on CAD UIs
again....

tim
Useful random insult:- Diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas.