Fwd: Re: Maui (was: OT - Squeak and the Broader Software Community)

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jul 12 10:02:44 UTC 2006

Hello Chris,

CM> Hi Herbert, I wish I would have had a chance to help, that's what I'm

thank you for the offer. Actually I just wanted to tell the original
poster that I can give no help in using maui. I know you are willing
to help and no hidden meaning was intended. Just a bit thoughtless.

I wrote a new object (neural network) and needed a user interface. I
remembered maui and tried only long enough to find out, that I write a
UI for myself. When I'm impatient and have an alternative, asking here
well make someone try to help, only to get informed, that I already
solved it a different way.

If I remember correctly, somewhere there is an example about "a file
manager in 5 minutes" and in the example before that one of the steps
failed in a 3.8 image.

I'll check it out and post a report, latest this weekend. In general I
find the idea of maui great. I think it could be a productivity factor
in developing software.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net