CALL FOR 3.9 Final changes

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jul 13 03:14:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 09:44:49AM +0200, st?phane ducasse wrote:

> If you have important bugs fixes that you want to see harvested
> please reply to this email
> and put link to the mantis entry.

Mantis #3993 is a bug that was caused by me in 6482NumberReadFromFixes-2-dtl.
The bug breaks number parsing from file streams. Apparently this does
not happen very often, but it's sort of fundamental so I would feel a
lot better about it if a fix could be included in 3.9.  My proposed
fix is attached to #3993 as NumberReadFromFixes-3-dtl.1.cs.gz. If
someone could please review and approve this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

p.s. SqNumberParser by Nicolas Cellier is a better overall solution,
and I think that it should replace the current number parsing. But
since 3.9 is ready to go, I'd like to see my bug fix included so
there will not be a horrible bug in 3.9 with my initials on it.