On my way down to plugins, I fixed a tiny mistake in VMMaker

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Jul 13 10:26:24 UTC 2006

Am 12.07.2006 um 23:55 schrieb Niko Schwarz:

> I tried to understand slang, and walked some meters through
> VMMaker. I had a fresh 3.8 basic image running and the current
> VMMaker installed and guess what: VMMaker didn't work!

Which VMMaker version was this?

> !String methodsFor: 'converting' stamp: 'NES 7/12/2006 23:42'!
> contains: aString
>      "Answer, whether I contain aString, that is, whether aString
> is a bustring of myself."
>     ^ ((self findString: aString) = 0) not! !

Please do *not* lightly add such methods to base system classes.
Almost certainly there is a method that already does what you need:

1. Open a Method Finder
2. Type in:
	'abcd'. 'bc'. true
3. Accept it (Cmd-S)
4. You get a list of messages matching this expression, amongst which
you'll notice #includesSubString:

- Bert -