Once Again on Deployment

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Thu Jul 13 17:15:33 UTC 2006

Thanks to you and to Klaus. It appears the state of the art is about
where I thought it was. The real problem with delivering a Squeak
app, once you get the client past the issue of what constitutes a
standalone (an increasingly meaningless term I suspect) is app size.
Spoon sounds like a good step in the direction of giving me a
stripped-down image to begin with. Now all I need is some discipline
in how I code in Squeak so that I can file out just my stuff, suck it
into a Spoon image, and then figure out what else from the original
image needs to be brought in. Automatic tools to assist that process
are, I suspect, in the works or in the wind but in the meantime, that
feels daunting.

Dan

On Jul 13, 2006, at 2:49 AM, Mikael Kindborg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are developing a software product for children we call "Magic
> Words" and these are our experiences from experimenting with a
> deployment version for WIndows.
>
> We have found it useful to use a tiny laucher exe.

<<snip>>