mouseOverForKeyboardFocus rocks

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri Jul 14 02:32:07 UTC 2006

mouseOverForKeyboardFocus took some getting used to, but I love it now.

A real nice thing about it is you can close windows easily with
Command+w, no tedious aiming for the small "x" in the corner.  Instead
of having to precise gestures with the mouse I am able to do relatively
imprecise gestures.

This is very useful for coding.  For example, when you are typing a
method, you aren't sure abbout a method name, you simply highlight the
method argument (aSet) and Set pops up.  Find the method, copy it, then
sloppily toss the pointer back to the text pane where you were typing
just press and Command+w to close the Set browser currently on top.

Everyone raves about e-Completion.  I still have it isntalled but
rarely use it anymore because this method of spawning browsers and
quickly closing them just works much better.

You can also quickly "clean up" your desktop by just move the mouse to
the bottom and Command+w, Command+w, Command+w.

Overall, now that I'm used to it I find it very productive, and have
other "standard" environments actually feeling quite cumbersome.  Call
me weird..