mouseOverForKeyboardFocus rocks

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Jul 14 21:56:56 UTC 2006

David,

==================
Me too! I just tried this. I noticed that in my image*, some windows
(like System Browser) honour this preference, but others (notably
Workspace and Transcript) do not honour it.

In more detail: Workspace loses keyboard focus when I mouse off it,
but does not claim it back again when I mouse back on to it, until I
'red click'. In my image 'each project has its own setting' is
unchecked.

Has this been changed in 3.9 ?
==================

It sounds like we are coming from different sides of the argument (I do
not want the input focus changing based on mouse movement), but I agree
that this is pretty badly broken.  You might _carefully_ try my
mouseOverMadness change set on Mantis.  AFAIK, it won't trash your
image, but please do not risk learning the hard way.  Anyway, I tried to
respect the setting, not simply enforce my preference, and you might be
able to suggest a few more changes to get the behavior you want when the
preferences favor it.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida