[ANN] Gutenberg: a pretty printer for Smalltalk

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 01:20:50 UTC 2006

I guess your examples will be sequences of short phrases, that get on
a single line. I probably should force line breaks after periods, and
keep optional breaks for cascades...

This raises another question... to take some layout clues from the
original source, I'd like to know if there are blank lines, or if the
developer separated two phrases by a line break (or not). Knowing this
the prettyprinter could keep blank lines, or choose between forced or
optional line breaks...

There is another problem I know: the prettyprinting is only made when
the method is displayed: if you edit it and save it, the source is
saved as you wrote it, *then* it is prettyprinted and redisplayed.

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more