[ANN] Gutenberg: a pretty printer for Smalltalk

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:16:22 UTC 2006

On 7/17/06, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm just seeing things. But I'm missing stuff that should be there
> - I think the preference should be named something like
> useGutenbergForPrettyPrint (btw Markus renamed #useRBASTForPrettyPrint
> to #useRBForPrettyPrint)

Hmm in fact this preference activates the default RMFormatter, and
gutenberg is another subclass, so #useGutenbergForPrettyPrint would be
a separate pref.

For #useRBASTForPrettyPrint, how *should* it be named? I submitted
0003908 on mantis some time ago about related issues...

> - an initialize on the class side, that installs the preference
> - an unload on the same class, that removes the preference
> - An override in Behavior >> #prettyPrinterClass, implemented so, that
> you can switch between old pretty printer, rb pretty printer and
> gutenberg.

Thanks for the pointers, I must admit I still have to learn how the
packaging works in Squeak :)

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more