Saving morphs to file

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Mon Jul 17 11:07:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'd like to point out that morph saving doesn't always work. I
encountred the problem with a PluggableListMoprh. Serializing such
morph leads to serializing a block context which needs it's orginal
method. How to workaround this?

Noury
Le 16 juil. 06, à 11:34, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene a écrit :

> Damien Cassou puso en su mail :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> how can I save a morph to a file so that I can load it back later ?
>>
>> The morph is a UMLPackage made with Connectors (this package is very
>> cool).
>>

>> Thank you
> Select the morph via halo, go to debug menu, select save morph in file.
> And if you wish a more "intelligent morph" , what load in almost any
> Squeak.
> In the debug menu select inspect.
> In the lower pane write
>
> | fileStream aFileName |
> aFileName _ 'SmartTrashCan.morph'.
>     fileStream _ FileStream newFileNamed: aFileName.
>     fileStream fileOutClass: self class andObject: self.
>
> I send the morph, for see in action drag and drop on any 3.8 or newer
> and
> select via file list and load as morph in 3.7 and earlier.
>
> This things "eats", all same class Morph on your desk (useful for
> puzzles
> and games).
>
> More questions ?
>
> Edgar
>
> <SmartTrashCan.morph>

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk