Preference higherPerformance in 3.9 and noise

Mikael Kindborg mikael.kindborg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:06:09 UTC 2006

Hi.

Regarding the noise problem I mentioned, and if someone else has the
same problem, I did some experimenting with different values for the
delay in this method:

Class WorldState

doOneCycleFor: aWorld
	"Do one cycle of the interaction loop. This method is called
repeatedly when the world is running.

This is a moderately private method; a better alternative is usually
either to wait for events or to check the state of things from #step
methods."

	self interCyclePause: (Preferences higherPerformance ifTrue: [1]
ifFalse: [MinCycleLapse]).
	self doOneCycleNowFor: aWorld.

Changing the higerPerformance delay value to 4 or 5 causes the noise
to go away on my machine. The value of MinCycleLapse is 20 by the way.

Best, Micke