[FIX] Re: Compiler+Decompiler together have a serious 'bad case' bug

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Jul 25 13:48:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:24:05 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
> On 25.07.2006, at 11:29, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> Does it make sense to check other builds / releases, is
>> recompileAllTest up-to-date?
>>

> No... we don't have an automated testserver, thus test are almost
> never run. And tests
> outside of SUnit are *never* run, of course....

"automated testserver" is mentioned every now and then, is there something
more tangible (whishlist, requirements)?

> In 3.8, there is a Smalltalk>>#testDecompiler, which was made a
> TestCase in 3.9a...
> but it was kind of in a broken state, so I removed it to come back
> later to it...
>
> FileOut attached.

Thank you. When running "self debug: #testDecompiler" it raises
ResumableTestFailure because of the variable order of the temporaries,
especially of those [only those?] thrown in by macros (example:
Object>>#copyFrom:). Unbelievable that there'd been a change in macro
generation which is not in sync with Decompiler (or vice versa). So what's
up with macros?

/Klaus