Problem with simple Dice/DiceView program

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Thu Jul 27 07:23:55 UTC 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 11:55 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Markus
>
> this is cool that you show us the power of etoy all the time. But
> may be it would be difficult to write etoy in etoy...
> So I'm sure that manas wants a solution that is not linked with etoy.

Stef,

all I want to emphasize is that "simple things should be kept simple"
and that Smalltalk and MVC do not always provide us with the right
perspective for doing so.

I love the uniformity of the Smalltalk approach and wonder how a
smooth transition of a system like Etoys, where all objects are user
interface, into a full fledged programming system could look like. Is
it Tweak? Is it something else? I don't know.

"Form follows function --- that has been misunderstood. Form and
function should be one, joined in a spiritual union" (Frank Lloyd
Wright)

Cheers,

Markus