3.9a unprintable characters in some methods?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jun 1 00:08:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 09:57:13AM -0400, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> I was wondering why some methods now in 3.9a have an unprintable character
> down the left column.
>
> This doesn't appear in all methods just some.  Do they have some
> significance that I'm missing?  Is this a bug?

It's a minor bug, and it's only visible to you now because someone
recently added an enhancement to make the unprintable characters
visible, which is a good thing.

All you are seeing is some <cr><lf> sequences that crept into the
source via some methods that no doubt were filed in from a change
set file with <cr><lf> terminators (maybe it came from a Windows
machine or got the way due to some zip program trying to be helpful).

The source should be cleaned up, and it's probably worth entering
the issue on Mantis to keep track of it.

Dave