Monticello - MCMcmReader>>loadVersionInfo

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 08:03:44 UTC 2006

> I don't know much about Monticello Configurations, but I can tell you that
> MC2 isn't ready for production use yet. The current release is just a
> preview.

I played a bit with MC2 yesterday, just to get my head onto something
else. I quickly hacked together some things I was always missing (e.g
versioning external files) in MC1 to see how the new model works. It
is just great! I also made it work on 3.9 (without traits for the
moment), mostly related to changed code in CodeEditor.

Colin, from reading your blog-posts (eagerly awaiting more) and the
implementation I assume that one of the goals of MC2 is to provide a
cross platform source-management system? I think this is really needed
and would help a lot of projects. How do you handle concepts that do
not exist in all Smalltalk implementations, such as Namespaces,
Packages, etc? Can we discuss (maybe by private mail) about a
client/server protocol to be used for the next version of SqueakSource
(or better SmalltalkSource)?

Cheers,
Lukas

--