[ANN] LispKit on SqueakMap

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Jun 1 20:01:17 UTC 2006

from the SqueakMap description:
-------------

LispKit is a kit for building one's own custom Lisp implementations
it's beta !!

provides:

   1) LispKernel, a minimal Lisp interpreter with
   - dynamic scoping
   - the fundamental special forms: let, setq, and, or, if, defun,
defmacro ...
   - a few basic functions: list, car, funcall, null ...
   - catch/throw, unwind-protect
   - a GUI

   2) SLisp, a Lisp dialect tightly integrated with Smalltalk

usage:

   by subclassing LispKernel one can implement a custom dialect of Lisp.
   see SLisp for an example

specificities

   LispKernel is implemented as a pure Smalltalk extension. There is no
parser nor compiler; the interpreter is the 'eval' lisp function itself.
Lisp code can be written as plain Smalltalk arrays.

   advantages:
   - we can chase the senders of a symbol
   - we can use the debugger to debug Lisp code
   - we can easily implement powerful control structures
   - we can integrate Lisp and Smalltalk

... see LispKernel class comments for more