Ajax + squeak = collaborative desktops ?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 20:25:43 UTC 2006

> Something which prevents me to switch on peer is this story of url
> format. I dig into the config option to see if I can get rid of it (by
> setting the session cookie to true), but it does nothing !

For me it works for what this option advertises: it removes the _s
parameter (the session id) from the URL, tough it keeps the _k
parameter (the continuation id) untouched.

> I'm aware
> that there is probably some good reasons about this story of URL, but
> could you tell me if the url format can not be changed because it's
> structural to the seaside framework, or if there is a way to get rid
> about it (by modifying the code ?).

The problem with the _k parameter is that I cannot be stored in
cookies, without loosing the possibility to support the back button.
If you think (personally I do not) having a nice URL is more important
than supporting the back button you could easily put the _k parameter
into cookies as well.

> I'd really like to get a human-readable url format.

You could maybe trick that using a single frame and JavaScript.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli