Using SqueakMap on a fresh 3.8 Image for the first time -> CPU 100% for an hour

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sat Jun 3 20:03:20 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm using a clean 3.8 image with the current VM from Squeak.org on XP.

Whenever I want to load SMPackageLoader for the first time, the system
tells me I need to update to a newer client version of SM.

Fine sofar, I'll just do that then. (Klicking OK)

Next thing the system tells me it's snapshotting methods, and the CPU
usage is at 100% for the next 1 1/2 hours.

Every time.

Does anybody know, what's causing this, and how to prevent it?

Oh and sometimes I make it through the 1 1/2 hours just to have the
system let me know that it failed.

Please help!

Günther