Fwd: Re: Some Cardioid Fun - beginnings of MathMorphs Plotters in 3.9

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 3 22:35:58 UTC 2006

A small sample of FunctionPlotters from MathMorphs in 3.9

Subject: Re: Some Cardioid Fun
Date: 2006 June 3 05:43
From: "Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>
To: Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca>, Serge Stinckwich
<Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr>

Milan Zimmermann puso en su mail :
> Hi Edgar,
>
> so tonight I took a break from installing everything correctly (still some
> of the ThetaRhoPlotters do not work, those that define the specific modes -
> 4 to 7) and had some fun - look at the attachment and run this code if you
> like:
>
> plotter := ThetaRhoPlotter new.
> plotter dotSize: 3.
> plotter drawSteps: 12.
>
> a := 10.
> cardioidFunction := Function fromBlock: [:theta | 2*a*(1 + theta cos)].
> plotter addFunction: cardioidFunction.
> plotter domain: (ClosedInterval from: 0 to: 2 * Float pi).
>
> plotter directDrawEnable: true.
> plotter plot  asMorph openInWorld
>
> (Took me a bit to "get" that ThetaRho is "parametric")
>
> Have a good weekend, Milan

Good !!
Send this to squeak list and to mathmorph list.
I send the "how to" to my student and ask he take the info in
http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Curves/Curves.html
For having a really nice MathSqueak.image some day.

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar