The assignment character in 3.9 and onward

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jun 8 16:30:50 UTC 2006

Ah. Seems that just another misunderstanding slipped into the thread.
Please correct me, such that at least this one is crystal clear:

My understanding of Edgar's question/suggestion was that, instead of ':=',
the Squeak community (can) choose to use '<-'.

This (':=' versus: '<-') has nothing to do with ((underline versus:
single_keystroke_left_arrow) versus: ':='), at least this is my position.

/Klaus

(0.5 * OT) I strongly believe that one or the other Squeaker will make a
change set which allows her / him to change Squeak assignment
character(s)+glyph(s) just the way they want. This is what Smalltalk is
about: don't like it? change it!